Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Inspirational People: Anna Wintour


Anna Wintour's trademark large sunglasses. She loves fur and has been attacked by animal rights activists because of that. Ooh...If looks could kill...Her stare is deadly 

It is no surprise that I find Anna Wintour inspirational. I will admit that I had no idea who she was until last summer when I bought The September Issue with my birthday money. It is a great documentary which really gives you an insight into the sort of work that goes into making the September issue of Vogue magazine. It is hard work but the results are highly fulfilling. It was very interesting for me as I would love to work for the magazine. She has been editor in chief of American Vogue since 1988. She got her first job in fashion journalism in 1970 at the rather young age of twenty one. In 1975 she moved to New York and became junior fashion editor for Harpaars Bazaar. Since then she has worked in jobs to do with different magazines in journalism jobs until she started to work at Vogue as the magazine's first ever creative director in 1983. She always knew what she wanted and she was not afraid to tell people about it. When a former colleague arranged a meeting between Wintour and the former editor in chief of Vogue, Grace Mirabella but it ended when Wintour told Mirabella that she wanted her job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...