Thursday, 21 April 2011

Inspirational People: Coco Chanel

I am not going to go on and on about Chanel again as I have mentioned her in a lot of posts and I have written a whole post on her. However, she was very inspirational because she went from living a childhood of deprivation to a world renowned designer of a luxury fashion brand. It is a typical tale of rags to riches. Although it might seem like a fictional story the fact that it is all true makes it so heart touching. I believe that every woman should almost worship Chanel because she is so often over looked as just another designer however, look deeper than just the clothes and she is so much more. She truly is an inspirational icon and more people should appreciate this. So many people think that fashion is just about clothes and it is actually Chanel who said "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” My absolute pet hate is people who do not value fashion. Even the ugliest outfit ever has an origin and the items in it must have once upon a time been fashionable otherwise, why else would they have been produced? I think I have made it quite obvious that people who are anti-fashion annoy me but I think the reason for that all comes down to the fact that I feel sorry for them. To me, being blinded from the fashion world would be almost as traumatic and depressing as being blind full stop. Those who do not consider fashion as a part of their personal definition are truly the shallow ones. Anyway, how is fashion blogging shallow when it actually takes great skill and intelligence to string words together.
Chanel Quotes
"A woman who does not wear perfume has no future." I have mentioned my views on this in A Chic Girl's Wishlist.  
"A girl should be two things; classy and fabulous." Recognise this? It is the blog's motto and contributes to its title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...