Monday, 11 April 2011

Skincare

MY ROUTINE. Every morning I get up and go into my bathroom. I have a shower and use a bath lily to exfoliate as well as cleaning myself with shower gel. I do not use a specific shower gel, just anything that smells nice but I would always steer clear of supermarket brands as they are probably cheap for a reason and the majority are not good for your skin. Although, saying this, I collect the mini shower gels from hotel rooms and most of them a poor quality but I just like the bottles as souveniers (especially the Mickey Mouse shaped bottle from Disney Land Paris!) My bath lily was only £1.50 from Body Shop and it is great so definitely worth buying. It comes in a variety of colours but I have this one:

I recently finished my tub of shower gel jelly from Lush. I love Lush for anything to do with baths and showers but I do not go there very often.

When I get out of the shower I apply body butter. I always get body butter from the Body Shop for my birthday and for Christmas but if I run out in between occasions I stock up on something cheaper as long as it still smells good and moisturises my skin. I find that M&S do the second best body butter (after the Body Shop) for only £6 and that’s under half the price of the body butter from the Body Shop. I try to buy a different smell every time but I tend to not go for the sickly sweet ones. I no longer use fake tan because I realised it doesn’t look nice and a good body butter will make sure that your natural tan will stay for longer. I went to Sicily in August and my tan stayed until February because I moisturised every day. I would not recommend the H&M body butter because it made my skin feel really tight.

I wash my face every morning and every evening as it is refreshing and decreases the chance of getting spots. Always take your makeup off before you go to bed. There are only few occasions when it is acceptable to go to bed in your makeup otherwise it is just a sign of laziness. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...