Monday, 27 June 2011

shoes shoes shoes

Wow, how do I start a post with that title. I could talk about such a range of topics/styles that this post could really go on endlessly. I decided to write about shoes when I was browsing http://www.net-a-porter.com/ and I found some gorgeous shoes that simply could not go unaccounted for.


Lanvin
I love these shoes because I love pink. They are definitely eye catching and so girly. Plus they will make you look a hell of a lot taller. Jeanne Lanvin started making clothes for her daughter and they soon attracted attention from a number of wealthy people who wanted her to make clothing for their own children. The Lanvin empire included dye factories and stores selling more than just clothes. They also sold home decor, menswear, furs, lingerie and perfumes. Lanvin died in 1946 and the business went to his daughter, Marie-Blanche de Polignac however, she died childless in 1958 and gave the empire to her cousin, Yves Lanvin. Since then the ownership has swapped round through various business people but, sadly it has not stayed in the family. In September 2, 2010, Lanvin collaborated with H&M in their Winter 2010 collection.  
Marc by Marc Jacobs
This season the stylish sportswear trend has involved heeled trainers like these ones from Marc by Marc Jcobs which also have a bit of a military vibe. Marc Jacobs was born in 1963 and he is the creative director of Louis Vuitton as well as being the founder of his own internationally successful label.
Miu Miu
These shoes are very classic chic. They are perfect if you are looking for a classy look and they are not too high therefore can be worn during the day. Miu Miu is designed by the current owner of Prada, Miuccia Prada. She was born in 1949 and is an active member of the Communist party as well as a women's rights activists. Muiccia Prada is known for her understated, minimalist, classic, laid back and comfortable luxury. 

Giuseppe Zanotti
I love the lace on these shoes which is very on trend. Giuseppe Zanotti is a global designer shoe brand and can be bought from a variety of nice shops and online stores.

Now, the shoes from net-a-porter are slightly pricey but I have found this AMAZING online shop (well, someone else recommended it to me) that sells designer shoes for completely affordable prices! http://www.shoeaholics.com/
I would definitely recommend checking it out! They do designer shoes from only £9!!! 

2 comments:

  1. All of these shoes are lovely, but I especially like the pink Lanvin ones! They are so... pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shoes and I love those Pink Lanvin and Marc Jacobs... Sometimes I feel like I'm Carrie Bradshaw... lol

    ReplyDelete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...