Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Made in Dagenham

Made in Dagenham
The sixties style is roaring its way down the catwalk of the autumn/winter collections. I am in love with shift dresses but I have not found the perfect one yet. Although, saying that I have found the perfect one although to say that it is out of my price range would be the understatement of the century. I am absolutely in love with this Prada dress;
Sorry it's a bit small click here to see a larger image and you can also see Vogue's favourite 60's styles.
 I have considered making it though. I have purchased a sewing machine recently, my mum paid for it. I would love to start making my own clothes but I haven’t really had much experience sewing. Perhaps I could buy a plain shift dress and sew on some materials or something... OK, I’ve made my decision. Whilst sitting here writing this I have decided that I simply cannot put it off any longer. I am going to make a shift dress that resembles the autumn/winter Prada one. I will probably wait until the summer holidays though but I promise to show it to you as soon as it is done. I would just like to thank Tavi Gevinson for inspiring me to do this. Oh my God; I spent the whole weekend googling Tavi's name and reading all the results. I had heard of her before but I wanted to find out more. She makes me so jealous but she is so inspirationl. Wish me luck with the dress!

The point is that sixties fashion is currently very prominent in the wardrobes of the most stylish ladies and I felt absolute dress envy when I watched the film Made in Dagenham yesterday. The film itself is a very moving story of a group of women fighting for equal pay. One of these women (probably my favourite character) wants to be a model and her style always stands out as she is hoping to be scouted. However, when she does get a modelling job she does not let it get in the way of the fight for equal pay which is very admirable.










I will add some more pictures soon!

Lots of Love,

Sophie
--x--

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...