Saturday, 30 July 2011

summer colds

WHY? It's a horrible feeling when it happens but it happens to all of us. You just get to your summer break and you come down with a cold. You feel like shouting "What the hell? It's summer! How can I have a f***ing cold?! It's hot!" However, there isn't much you can do. It has happened to me more than once and unfortunately has happened to me this year. I feel fine now but I have sort of lost my voice, which is annoying seeing as teachers have told me to stop talking all year and now I finally have the chance to talk until my heart's content and I can't.

STYLE. The above Polyvore collage is of the sort of things that you might want to wear when you are really ill and just want something comfortable. I haven't been too ill so I have been dressing normally. I wore a dress yesterday and today (see the one I am wearing today at the bottom of this post.)


autumn/winter blues


Isabel de Pedro glamorous dress
£100 - julesb.co.uk

Oasis floral print dress
£40 - oasis-stores.com

Formal prom dress
$40 - pacificplex.com

Linen coat
£3,275 - brownsfashion.com

Navy vest
$85 - tuxedosonline.com

Alexon navy jacket
£30 - debenhams.com

Fur coat
resurrectionvintage.com

Manolo Blahnik mary jane shoes
$835 - barneys.com

Blue handbag
$16 - crateandbarrel.com

Blue hoop earrings
$29 - zappos.com

Short lace glove
£27 - black.co.uk

Asos Suede Brogues
$55 - asos.com

Jil Sander Navy Athena Tunic
$990 - barneys.com

1460 Womens Indigo -Patent Mcmarten Tartan
$115 - dmusastore.com


IN. The above collage features this season's trends. From jewel toned dresses to manish styles. I have a post planned where I will describe each trend in more detail. Last season (spring/summer 2011) saw blue as one of the most popular shades and seeing as it is still summer it is still very popular however, this autumn and winter a lot more black will be worn not only because it is colder but because it is a key colour of the catwalk shows for autumn/winter 2011/12.

What I Wore Today:

Dress by Graffic
Song of the Day:
After hearing the Little Lady version of this song that I posted yesterday I have started to appreciate the original more. It is still sad but they are meaningful and catchy songs nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...