Saturday, 3 March 2012

Pretty Passion, Fine Fashion #13

Pretty Passion.
This week I felt inspired by the whole online atmosphere of fashion month through looking at fashion blogs, reading magazine sites and style.com. None of the fashion weeks have directly affected me but I find it all exciting and inspirational nonetheless. I might not be involved at the moment but like most fashion bloggers fashion week is an event that I dream of attending. For now though, if you're like me, you can regularly visit the Vogue website. I prefer this to style.com when you want to be updated after each show as it happens. You can also see an exact schedule of shows just like one that would be sent to you if you were a VIP fashion editor! For now, whilst you wait to be discovered create a comfortable sanctuary, prepare a drink, grab a notepad and make some notes with a front row view of the shows from your very own computer screen.
Fine Fashion.
Last summer my shopping list was based around Vogue's spring/summer trend guide; with some of the pieces altered to suit my style. However, one piece that was not mentioned in the trend guide was dungarees. Nevertheless, I felt an impulse to buy some. I just thought that they would look perfect over some swimwear on holiday by the pool. And they were. For winter I did the same thing and this time the item that I dreamed of was a Cambridge satchel which I got for Christmas and I now use as my school bag. Now, however, for this summer, the item that I am lusting over are flatforms. River Island have quite a vast array of summery styles. To discover your true style, sometimes you just have to go with your gut instinct. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck but you think it's a pig. It's a pig. If it looks frumpy and seems ugly but you think that it's chic and that it will look good. You should buy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...