Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Blogger Interviews: Festive Edition

Beka Nicole

Do you change your blog at all for Christmas? (i.e. more festive posts, a new layout etc.)

I don't change it completely. I just put in a little bit of Christmas cheer in the posts. I might put a little banner or a GIF in the sidebar but overall just keep it the same.

(Image Source)
Describe your Christmas style.

Warm and cosy. I like big sweaters with bows and ponytails.

(Image Source)
In your opinion, what is the best way to dress this time of year?

Wearing a red velvet dress with cute white tights and black mary jane's; just to reference to the holidays.

What colour do you plan on wearing this year for the festive season?

Probably black. I got this killer new black leatherette dress that I'm more than stoked to show off.

What is your current most coveted item that you are hoping to receive for Christmas?

Probably money, lol. I love the get money so I can just go and buy stuff.

What is/are the best Christmas gift/gifts you have ever received?

My macbook air and EOS Rebel Canon . I died.

Are you more excited to look at blogs when you see they have a festive themed post, does it put you off or are you not fussed and think it's more about how well the post is done?

I don't really care to be honest, if that's how they celebrate then good for them. I'm just not too crazy about loud and flashy decoration. As long as it's tasteful and bearable then I'm fine with it.

(Image Source)
How do you decorate for Christmas?

Just lights and the tree. Simple, but it gets the point across, lol.

Where is the best place to shop this Christmas?

Anywhere

(Image Source)
If throwing a Christmas party or get together how do you plan on entertaining your guests?

By putting on some Michael Buble or Frank Sinatra, drinking hot cocoa, making smores by the fire.

On a scale of one to oh-my-goodness-i'm-so-so-so-so-excited, how excited are you for Christmas?

I'm about 8. I'm excited but I'm not bubbling over my seat like I used to.

Jezz Dallas

Do you change your blog at all for Christmas? (i.e. more festive posts, a new layout etc.)

No, but I do Christmas related posts (in relation to my focus on make-up/beauty)

Describe your Christmas style.

I personally don't like Christmas a whole lot. Ergo minimal sources of Christmas decoration or celebration.

In your opinion, what is the best way to dress this time of year?

Dress the way that makes you happy and how you really want to; in whatever way puts you 'in the mood.' For Christmas that is.

(Image Source)
What colour do you plan on wearing this year for the festive season?

Burgundy is the hot colour of the season.I am sure we can expect many festive looks as well as hints of burgundy in the choice of make-up.

What is your current most coveted item that you are hoping to receive for Christmas?

A gift certificate from Sephora

(Image Source)
What is/are the best Christmas gift/gifts you have ever received?

As a kid, a Barbie doll house. As an adult, vintage Tibetian silver bracelet.

Are you more excited to look at blogs when you see they have a festive themed post, does it put you off or are you not fussed and think it's more about how well the post is done?

Since I don't care much for Christmas, I don't particularly look for them, maybe the gift-guides, but on average those are always unrealistic.

How do you decorate for Christmas?

Not at all.

(Image Source)
Where is the best place to shop this Christmas?

Nordstrom, Macy's, Sephora, Christmas markets if available.

If throwing a Christmas party or get together how do you plan on entertaining your guests?

I am not. But I do go to parties...usually ranges from simple dinner/drinks/small gifts to full on party mode.

On a scale of one to oh-my-goodness-i'm-so-so-so-so-excited, how excited are you for Christmas?

You guessed it, 0.


Do you change your blog at all for Christmas? (i.e. more festive posts, a new layout etc.)

Since this is my first Christmas blogging, I chose not to change my layout for now. But now I'm actually considering it.But the Christmas spirit can be seen through the style and text of my posts- they're just overall much more festive. I focus more on details than I normally would, as well as taking more time to choose the right kind of pictures to transmit my Christmas mood to my readers.

Describe your Christmas style.

During the Christmas month, as I like to call it, I have various differing styles. One day I can feel very cozy, and dress up in one of my fluffy sweaters, gloves and warm boots. Another day, I'm in a Bond girl mood, so I choose to wear pumps and my favourite item of the season- a military Greek trench coat with leather details with the collar up. Sometimes, I like minimalistic, so I choose my camel coat and leather toe heels. So it always depends on my mood.

In your opinion, what is the best way to dress this time of year?

First of all- keep yourself warm. I've seen innumerable people still in summer mode- and it's December.I know we're all waiting for summer, but winter has its perks too. One word: layering. This time of year is festive- think glitter, think burgundy, gold, chestnut and green, and think excess. It's all about how you put the items together, to transmit whatever mood you're in.

What colour do you plan on wearing this year for the festive season?

Burgundy is my favourite this season. From nails to jumpers, it's everywhere in my wardrobe.
(Image Source)
What is your current most coveted item that you are hoping to receive for Christmas?

I would absolutely love to receive the Lady Dior bag, preferably in red. It's that perfect bag that I would have for the next 20 years of my life and wear with anything.

What is/are the best Christmas gift/gifts you have ever received?

Although I love big, expensive presents, sometimes I just love receiving many little, small things- I don't recall any 'fashion' gifts that I've received for Christmas, so it probably is the huge pile of toys I received when I was 4. I keep re-playing the video my mother made on that day, and I'm more and more jealous of how spoilt I was back then. I mean, literally, a massive pile of toys.

Are you more excited to look at blogs when you see they have a festive themed post, does it put you off or are you not fussed and think it's more about how well the post is done?

It doesn't make a difference to me- I understand when a blog chooses to maintain their aesthetic and views, even in the festive season, but I also understand blogs who go full on 'It's Christmas time' and completely re-decorate their blogs and posts, it makes me really happy and puts me in a good mood. But if their posts become worse because of the excess decorations then that's not good either. I like some balance.

How do you decorate for Christmas?

Christmas trees- we have one in my room (it's all about golden lights), one in our living room (which this year is purple and silver) and one in my sister's room. I also love hanging lights around my room and decorating the living room with beautiful candles and other pretty Christmas goodies. Since most years we're away for Christmas, we can't really decorate as much as I would like to- but that doesn't put me down.

Where is the best place to shop this Christmas?

Since I don't live in one of the big metropolis like London or Paris, I can't tell you about the 'little vintage shops I love to go to, to get special presents' so I would have to say the biggest department store in Puerto Banus- El Corte Ingles. It has beautiful Christmas decorations, and you will most likely find everything you want to. However, if not- you can always visit the luxurious shops in town; there's Louis Vuitton, Lanvin, Dolce and Gabbana and Burberry, to name a few.

(Image Source)
If throwing a Christmas party or get together how do you plan on entertaining your guests?

Unfortunately this year we have no guests- it's my family only. But we do plan on having the most amazing meal.

On a scale of one to oh-my-goodness-i'm-so-so-so-so-excited, how excited are you for Christmas?

I'm on an 'oh-my-goodness-i'm-so-so-so-so-excited-I-might-start-jumping-around-I-love-Christmas-it's-the-best' level.

Vanessa Ribeiro

Do you change your blog at all for Christmas? (i.e. more festive posts, a new layout etc.)

I speak more often about Christmas, and make posts of Christmas recipes, decor and some advice on what to wear for Christmas and the New Year.

In your opinion, what is the best way to dress this time of year?

Despite being cold you can wear almost anything. Those who love skirts can wear velvet skirts as they are warm. The sweaters cannot be overlooked and this year wear them in larger sizes

What colour do you plan on wearing this year for the festive season?

White, gold and black

What is your current most coveted item that you are hoping to receive for Christmas?

Nothing special, but I know I'll like what I get.

(Image Source)
What is/are the best Christmas gift/gifts you have ever received?

My dog

Are you more excited to look at blogs when you see they have a festive themed post, does it put you off or are you not fussed and think it's more about how well the post is done?

Yes, I like to see how other people organise their Christmas. And I like to see the decor, DIY, advice etc.

How do you decorate for Christmas?


I do the Christmas tree, decorate the house with Christmas pieces (angels, Santa Claus, penguins, stars, candles etc.) I do centrepieces and decorate the home entrance.

Where is the best place to shop this Christmas?

Shopping centres have good deals, but there's nothing like shopping in smaller stores.

If throwing a Christmas party or get together how do you plan on entertaining your guests?

Lots of food, music and fun

On a scale of one to oh-my-goodness-i'm-so-so-so-so-excited, how excited are you for Christmas?

I like Christmas but Christmas is for children though the spirit remains like now, to give more than to receive. I'm excited to make others happy.

Kristine

Do you change your blog at all for Christmas? (i.e. more festive posts, a new layout etc.)

I have been trying to include more festive posts.Mostly pictures of my Christmas tree, the local Christmas parade etc...just a small into how I celebrate Christmas.

Describe your Christmas style.

My Christmas style is more of a classic look for the most part. I like to do layers, cozy sweaters and Christmas colours.

In your opinion, what is the best way to dress this time of year?

Layers. I love to layer and there is no better time than this time of year.

What colour do you plan on wearing this year for the festive season?

I plan on wearing greens and whites; possibly some burgundy and red as well.


What is your current most coveted item that you are hoping to receive for Christmas?

I would love a camera. I currently use my iPad to take pictures.

What is/are the best Christmas gift/gifts you have ever received?

Last year, my husband bought me a very nice North Face coat and I absolutely love it.

Are you more excited to look at blogs when you see they have a festive themed post, does it put you off or are you not fussed and think it's more about how well the post is done?

I enjoy other bloggers getting into the Christmas spirit. I think it is fun to see how others celebrate this time of year. It is about how well the post is done for me, I am never put off by others in the Christmas spirit.

How do you decorate for Christmas?

My wimpy Christmas tree and some lights and decorations here and there.

Where is the best place to shop this Christmas?

I usually shop an amazon.com because they have just about everything for everyone.


If throwing a Christmas party or get together how do you plan on entertaining your guests?

Christmas goodies, good conversation, background music and fun Christmas decorations.

On a scale of one to oh-my-goodness-i'm-so-so-so-so-excited, how excited are you for Christmas?

I am oh-my-goodness-i'm-so-so-so-so-excited. I get to drive home and see my family who I miss dearly.


Do you change your blog at all for Christmas? (i.e. more festive posts, a new layout etc.)

I have just started blogging so I haven't had a blog over Christmas yet but I plan on doing some festive posts to get me and my readers into the festive spirit.

Describe your Christmas style.

I love dressing up for Christmas. My favourite outfit was from a few years ago where I had a reindeer fairlisle dress from Primark. I think it's cute to wear festive things. 

In your opinion, what is the best way to dress this time of year?

Cosy and cute. I'm loving a bit of knitwear and faux leather.

What colour do you plan on wearing this year for the festive season?

I love wearing red at Christmas.

What is your current most coveted item that you are hoping to receive for Christmas?

A camera for taking some better pictures for my blog.

(Image Source)
What is/are the best Christmas gift/gifts you have ever received?

I got given a cat for Christmas one year and have never been happier in all my life. My mum and dad put a TY cat beanie baby in a cat carrier with a note saying I was going to pick out my cat in a few days time. Too cute <3

Are you more excited to look at blogs when you see they have a festive themed post, does it put you off or are you not fussed and think it's more about how well the post is done?

I think it is nice to have some festiveness on your blog but I don't particularly look for festive posts this time of year.

How do you decorate for Christmas?

My flat is really small so I don't really have room for a tree. I have put up some fairy lights and that is about it so far, I will display my pressies once I buy and wrap them.

Where is the best place to shop this Christmas?

Tiger just opened in Glasgow City Centre and I have already been there twice this week.That shop is addictive. Lots of cute gift ideas. 

If throwing a Christmas party or get together how do you plan on entertaining your guests?

Lots of food and drinks.

On a scale of one to oh-my-goodness-i'm-so-so-so-so-excited, how excited are you for Christmas?

I'm pretty excited for Christmas but I have an exam at uni before I can get reallllllyyyyyy excited. I also have to wait until the 24th before I can go home to my family as I'm working but I will be suuuuper excited once I finish work that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...