Sunday, 23 March 2014

the wind and i we speak the same but he don't hear so well


Hi, it's been a while since I posted. I've been working on some spring/summer show reports and the long awaited Edie Sedgwick post that I have been adding to since December. I've also been bogged down with school work and had to write 5 essays last weekend. Yesterday afternoon I went to a park with Antonio (all photos in this post are taken by him) to take our dogs (Jessie and Lola) for a walk and take these photos, climb trees and chase deer. The park is really pretty and we're planning on going back this summer to watch the sunrise. In these photos I'm wearing a diy'd flower crown, vero moda coat, diy'd necklace, tammy @ bhs necklace, vintage shirt, assorted bracelets, vintage backpack, crafted shorts, idk where the tights are from and doc marten boots.



 I didn't really have a particular look that I was trying to channel for this outfit. I more or less put on all my favourite pieces together. I haven't worn my flower crown in a while because one of the flowers had fallen off. I glued it back on with my glue gun literally ten minutes before leaving the house. I'm lucky it didn't get stuck to my hair. I wear this leopard print coat all the time for the Edie Sedgwick/aristocratic/high class hooker vibes. I found a ton of old bracelets and bangles when I was sorting through my wardrobe the other day and I piled all of them onto my arms. I have gotten into the habit of grabbing whatever pair of tights I first lay my hands on because I have so many pairs of black patterned tights that it takes forever to find a specific pair. You can never go wrong with leopard print and fishnets for tacky glamour though. Although I didn't aim for practicality with the rest of my outfit (I was freezing and spent today in bed feeling ill) the DMs were perfect for trekking through grass and mud and, er, climbing trees.


This year has been mixed so far and I want to write about it somewhere so I may as well write about it here. I have had some amazing experiences like going to see JAWS and meeting some really rad people there, going to London Fashion Weekend and going on a super long walk in the sun with Antonio. Those are just a few of the good things that have happened since the start of January. Despite these highs I have felt more trapped and anxious and generally frustrated than ever. I think that is why I have done so much reading and writing recently. There are so many sanctions in my life (some are self inflicted) that I turn and type pages in some kind of furious defiance. I have been so busy with school work that most of my free time is spent consuming rather than creating. I have watched 4 series of Skins, made countless playlists, watched a ton of films, read 6 books, drowned myself in fashion magazines and spent hour upon hour on tumblr/twitter/instagram. Another thing I spend a lot of my spare time doing is daydreaming about how I'll move to Brighton and work in a bookshop if I fail my A Levels. I probably won't fail though as I did okay in my mocks and I doubt anything would work out as planned anyway.


In the past month, I have also been contributing to fab-fem and Cherry. I have written about The Smiths, keeping a journal and Pulp for fab-fem. I contributed to the first issue of Cherry zine and I will hopefully be contributing to the second issue too.


I've been reading a lot and recently finished 'Behind The Scenes At The Museum' by Kate Atkinson, 'The Sense of an Ending' by Julian Barnes and 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist' by Mohsin Hamid. 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist' was my favourite and it took me just two days to read as I could hardly put it down. The plot was quite simple but it was written in a really fascinating style.

I hope that everyone's well and you've all had good weekends. Hopefully I'll post again soon.


10 comments:

  1. you look amazing! xxo

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look really cool- I love your outfit and your make up <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, you look fantastic!
    xo
    http://lilliputianlilac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreed! your outfit so soo cute and all those projects sound super fab

    secret-hipster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures!
    I also daydream about running a bookshop quite frequently, although my shop is usually in Iceland... And it's also a bakery, because books and cookies alone keep my life running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Books and cookies > everything else xoxo

      Delete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...