Tuesday, 3 June 2014

fashion is power

This post is a jaded review of outfits at the CFDAs last night. I haven't been able to find many photos or information about which labels each person was wearing (all photos below are from style.com and originally, I believe, from Instagram.)


Gia Coppola looks gorgeous. Her dress reminds me of a collection but I can't for the life of me remember which one. Maybe something by Christopher Kane? Uh I don't know. I like it because the top part looks like waves and the bottom part could be a field. I love dresses with a bit cut out in the middle. I recently tried on a green one in the Topshop sale which was lovely.


Coco Rocha was one of my favourites of the whole night. That hat! That pout! That dress! Werk it. #ultimategoaaallllls.


At first I didn't like Rihanna's outfit at all. I think that my vision was clouded by the fact that I didn't think she should be winning the prestigious style icon aware and her outfit reminded me of the 'DIVA' build-a-bear outfit (see my bear modelling it below.) I know that Tom Ford recently said that fashion reviews are now ineffectual and people are more likely to look at Rihanna's Instagram than read them, but the only time I've ever considered Rihanna a style icon was after I watched The Bling Ring and spent a while checking celebrity fashion sites for a while to gain inspiration. Howeeeevvvveeerrrr, my 6pm mind is much more trustworthy than my 1am one and, looking at it now, I love this look. The general consensus is that Rihanna was the best dressed and I can kind of see why now. She looks like a queen.


My build-a-bear dressed as Rihanna. R.I.P. this outfit because I'm selling it on ebay. She usually wears a t-shirt that says 'Fashion Princess' xoxo


Cape nd hot pants from Chris Kattan


Lupita Nyong'o was wearing the best outfit in my opinion. Lots of people were saying that her stylist was better dressed than her. However, I think that Lupita looked much more like a guest at fashion awards because she wasn't just wearing a chic and cute little dress but had the courage to step out in a printed jumpsuit. So rad!


Anna and her daughter looking wonderfully classic


I'm still accepting submissions for my zine so send them over to sophie.wilson09a@hotmail.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you changed your mind about good old riri - that dress is one of my favorite things to happen this year! You're right about Lupita, though, she was fab as always xx

    www.hellopookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rihanna's outfit has grown on me even more since writing this post. i absolutely adore it. lupita is gorgeous xx

      Delete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...