Wednesday, 5 November 2014

"fashion has always been my defence mechanism"


To celebrate Rihanna's iconic return to Instagram, in this post I'm going to celebrate her iconic style. Admittedly until this year I had never paid particular attention to Rihanna or her style. I did listen to some of her music when I was younger and liked it. However, she came back onto my radar again with this year's CFDAs. After adoring the shimmery diaphanous dress that she wore to receive the Style Icon Award I did some investigating. I loved what I found. Listening to Rihanna's CFDA acceptance speech was equally admirable and inspiring.


Although she notoriously posted numerous semi nude photos on Instagram and is barely clad in the new Esquire editorial, the clothes that Rihanna does wear are rarely off the pulse of fashion at any given time. Even in her skimpier looks Rihanna's attitude always pushes through and that's what style is all about anyway.

This is one of the softer photographs in Rihanna's editorial in the latest issue of Esquire. She exudes confident sexiness in every photo.


This is from Rihanna's December 2014 Elle editorial. She is on the cover of this month's issue. Rihanna is so intrinsically embedded into the fashion industry that I should imagine that all the big magazines constantly want her as their cover star.


Here Rihanna proves that she can pull off more daring and modest outfits too. Turtlenecks are so on trend right now, but wearing a head to toe jumper suit could end up looking frumpy. Rihanna proves that it is wearable.

Rocking head-to-toe Alexander Wang x H&M

Everything about this outfit is fabulous. There is no doubt that Rihanna is killing it. 

rihanna

5 comments:

  1. Sweetheart, puh-leeze don't try to 'fit-in' withe passing world - they'll use you to abuse you; try to fit-in withe eternal-God-in-Heaven who made YOU and loves YOU with a passion - precisely what I'm trying to do because this earth is only a testing ground, then eternity, either Up -or- down according to OUR free-will-choices. Looky here…

    Precisely why I had our ‘philanthropic + epiphany’ (= so much to give + vision): wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-wild-adventure you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. Cya soon, girl…

    PS And, yes, I’ll pray everyday for you because I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shot of her in Elle. She's always been a favorite of mine, so much art in everything she does.
    faitboum.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post - rihanna is such an icon in both music and fashion. she is such a strong woman and never listens to critics, she comes back stronger every time x

    www.weallscreamforicedreams.blogpsot

    ReplyDelete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...