Tuesday, 11 August 2015

baby baby bye bye






Wearing: thrifted sunglasses, faux fur gilet from Portugal, top from Red Herring, skirt from American Apparel, shoes from Topshop. 

Following the heat and humidity of Cefalonia, I am ready for the icier offerings of autumn and winter. Though not quite faux fur coat weather, it has been drizzly and cool enough to bring out the gilet. Layering is to autumn/winter what florals are to spring/summer. Combining them reflects what the summer is like at the moment.  I can't wait until summer begins to draw to a close as this combination becomes more regular and I can listen to "Summertime Sadness" on repeat. That said, the frequency of collections now (with ready-to-wear, resort, pre-fall and couture) means that the seasons are becoming less defined within the fashion industry. This outfit wasn't inspired by anything in particular but it was liberating to be able to dress for English weather instead of trying to find the lightest, coolest piece to throw over the top of swimwear on holiday. Today I did some yoga, baked blueberry muffins then met a friend in town for lunch and cocktails. I've also been listening to Lana Del Rey's "High By The Beach" on repeat as its so dreamy and perfect for the lull of midsummer. 

4 comments:

  1. Those sunnies are the cutest, and Lana is QUEEN

    WonderGoth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have the same sunnies 5 or 6 years ago, i'm afraid they must have broke though. I am so ready for autumn sadly in south of France the temperature is still burning hot.

    xx, Charlie
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame. I LOVE heart shaped sunglasses. I used to wish that English summers were better but now I kind of like the unpredictable weather. I'm sure I'll be back to craving somewhere warmer in a couple of weeks time though.

      Delete

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...