Tuesday, 8 August 2017

london calling

I finished interning at British Vogue just over a week ago. I am still processing the experience. It actually managed to surpass my expectations. I built it up a lot; made playlists, planned all my outfits well in advance, rewatched The September Issue and The Devil Wears Prada in preparation. I listened to 'Suddenly I See' as I walked to the office every morning, pretending to be in the latter film's opening sequence. I got the chance to speak to people I have admired for years. I spent my lunch breaks exploring Soho and Oxford Street. It was hard work, and stressful at times, but overall it was an absolute dream. Here are some photos from the three weeks I spent working there.


I bought Vogue Italia from the Conde Nast shop at the end of my first week.


Hanover Square






Bond Street


Vogue office






I saw Lana Del Rey at Brixton, and she was a literal dream.



Cocktails in Shoreditch after my last day.

I turn 20 tomorrow, and although most of my friends have already passed this milestone it still feels like a big deal. Summer is speeding by and I'm going back up to Sheffield soon for my final year. I'm spending the rest of this summer reading, working on the next issue of Pretty and catching up with friends. Tomorrow I'm going to see the Black Power exhibition at the Tate Modern. I've wanted to see it since it opened and my tutor recommended that I see it for the America and the Avant Gardes module I'm taking in autumn. I am also going to see the Morrissey biopic, which the 15 year-old obsessive Smiths fan girl in me is ecstatic about. 

I feel like I have a lot of creative energy at the moment. I hope it lasts. I am really excited to share the next issue of Pretty with you. It's the best one yet and contains so many submissions from talented people. 

I hope you're having a good summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment I'll always love you and we can hang out and bake vegan cupcakes and drink tea and listen to sixties records. Go on, you know you want to...